Originally Posted By: John F
Spark: Me too. If I think I can do a project, and do it fairly safely, I will do it and own it. We are fairly healthy, retired, and have the time, especially in fall and winter. If we were rich, then I would hire things out more, but I would still be watching the work to make sure it was done like I wanted. We will finish this little project in due time. My goal was by spring, but it might be sooner, depending on weather. The original post was just venting about how impossibly grown up the fence row is, with an amazing variety of bushes and brambles and how frustrating it is that someone would build an arbitrary fence like that, and leave it to grow over. BTW, I have done a few concrete jobs with many 80 pound bags of concrete mix in a wheelbarrow too. (Three in the past 26 months). I hired the pond renovation job, and the minnow pond job because I knew it was impossible for me to do by myself. I don't do my own metal roofing any more either. A man has to know his limitations. (Where did I hear that?)

+1 I have reached the point that, while I know how to do it, the mind is willing but the body is on the downhill side of the slope. I do what I can and am reluctantly forced to hire out the rest. My wife gives contractors cookies to keep them from killing me while I "supervise!" grin

Last edited by Bill D.; 12/21/15 08:54 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!