On our 12 acres we purchased in Sept 2013, there is a fence row near the south side of the property. It is no where close to the surveyed property line, and looks like the fence was put in maybe 30 years ago to contain cattle in the field portion of the property. It is hog wire topped with two strands of barbed wire overgrown with Japanese honeysuckle, poison oak (not allergic), grape vines, greenbriar, trumpet vine, blackberry, and wild roses, which are entangled in the fence along with numerous cedars, wild plum, elm, and privet bushes. What a mess! We have been working on it about 3 to 4 hours almost daily for about three weeks now and have cut out about 100 feet, with about 300 feet to go. I need to do this to clean up the place, and make a good place to spread the sludge that came out of the pond. Right now the sludge is covering about a third of an acre about two feet deep in what used to be a hayfield. It will probably take about another 8 or 10 months to dry out in order to be spread with a dozer. I don't have equipment other than a DR brush mower, chain saw, loppers, bow saw, etc. The DR will give a person a beating after an hour or so. It's not worth buying a tractor for a project like this when it might sit months without much use afterward. Going to burn the brush on top of the sludge field. I guess it is good exercise. Thanks for letting me vent. Suggestions would be welcome.