The final fish on driftwood hanging on the wall.

The fish in a crate I built out of lightweight thin wood that I had left over from a pallet of plastic I ordered a while back. I couldn't find a box the right size as the attached driftwood made it bigger and this is better than cardboard.

The box has four screws that come in from the bottom into the driftwood and each screw has a fender washer to keep the screws from breaking through. The idea is to have the fish in a fixed position and nothing touching the fish. Peanuts aren't always the best thing for fragile fins, and I'm not sure how they would interact with the automotive final clear coat that is used to protect the paint from UV and give it a wet look.

Unfortunately made a wasted trip to the post office to ship the fish today. frown They now close at 11 A.M. vs. 12 P.M. Will have to ship first thing Monday.

Refuse to ship UPS. UPS is a nightmare when it comes to fragile fish mounts. Doesn't matter how well it's packed. It's almost like someone intentionally destroys the box. And btw the box is not held to together by tape. LOL There are staples and screws. The tape hides the rough edges of the wood.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 12/13/15 11:23 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.