I will throw an interesting note in here. Two years ago I learned you cannot use premium fuel in your saw at high altitude. My buddy and I were planning on doing a ton of cutting in Colorado and brought our saws and 93 fuel from GA and his from IA. We just could not keep the saws running. They were new Stihls with the intellicarb and would only run for a couple minutes and then would stop and wouldn't restart. Like they had run out of fuel. Open the fuel tank to check and gas would actually overflow out of the hole somehow. Finally after a couple days we went to town thinking the saws had a problem. We talked to the Stihl guy and he said we were boiling the gas!! He said you can't use high octane up there and said even low octane could have problems that high (10,000'+). He told us we needed AV Gas (which was confusing because AV Gas is even higher octane) or that fuel in the metal cans. We tracked some AV Gas down and never had another problem. I have run AV Gas in most of my stuff ever since, especially at the cabin. No need for stabil in it. Those saws, weedeaters, generators, etc can sit up there 10 months with AV Gas and it will start right up like you just left it yesterday.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management