I just read this thread today. Pretty interesting. My first thought was way too many CC, and probably too many of everything else. There are many guides on stocking posted on the Net, and I don't think what APS recommended was even close to anything I've seen. BG multiply rapidly. They will spawn at least once before the LMB will be big enough to prey on them, and fewer of them would probably have been plenty, and if you're not really interested in catching bass and you stocked them mainly to control the BG, you probably didn't need so many of them either. If you eat the CC, you can probably do well by replacing a few more than you take each year until they are at least 3 yr old. They may spawn at 3 or 4, especially if they have some suitable nesting spots. In addition to the BG, you might have stocked some RES, and you still could when the fish stop dying. I'm also wondering what the members think about stocking shiners and/or shad? Maybe grass shrimp or scud too.

The pond is probably going to sort itself out and find its own balance by the end of next year, unless there is something fundamentally wrong with the pond, such as bad water or it's too shallow. If you take a lot of fish out or put a lot of fish in, it will be harder and take longer for the pond to reach equilibrium. I expect that's why most ponds need to be managed. If you hand feed pellets, you'll get a pretty good idea of how many CC you have, and probably it won't be long before the BG begin to take the pellets too, but there probably won't be much going on before spring.