So what size is your property RAH, and how many deer of a condition acceptable to you reside on it full time, year-round? If it truly can be reduced to mathematics, then we should be able to calculate just where your management strategy needs tweaking, whether in adjustments made to cover, forage, and or numbers of deer. I can do that fairly well with the fish in my ponds, after all. If you're not killing the numbers of trophy deer you desire, it would seem there has been a error in your strategy someplace. To what area do you assign the failure?

As far as my supposed belief that nature knows best, I wouldn't be raising bluegills to the size I am if I were content to sit back and watch nature turn my ponds into shallow swamps full of stunted lepomids. I do recognize nature's ability to adjust the population to suit conditions, however.

"An experiment is a question which science poses to Nature, and a measurement is the recording of Nature’s answer." (Still trying to remember who said that...sorry!)

Got it.... Max Planck, theoretical physicist.

Last edited by sprkplug; 12/07/15 07:15 PM. Reason: found name for quote.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.