Brian you're not slow, I just haven't said anything until now. My wife and I have known for some time that our family was headed for a crossroads, we just never knew when we would arrive, or which direction we would turn once there. This last year and a half, a course began to present itself that seemed to fit our needs pretty well. A large part of our new direction involves a change of vocation for yours truly, and I began to search in earnest this past spring. Truthfully, after nine years here in this shop, I'm ready to move on.

Certainly I needed something that would provide for my family's security, but I also wanted something technical in nature, and challenging. Soon discovered that was a difficult combination to locate in today's job market. So, when the position of Elevator Mechanic apprentice opened up at the university, I applied.

They told me there were over 50 qualified applicants for the position. And after almost four months of transcripts, letters of recommendation, interviews, and hours of skills/assessment tests, fortune favored me.

And Zep I agree. At 49 I'm old for an apprentice. And while they were tactful and polite during yesterday's meeting, there is no doubt in my mind that the same thought crossed their minds a time or two also. Still, I'm excited at the prospect of what I'm about to learn, and what I'm going to be a part of at the university. Four years to Journeyman....I got this.

As far as maple syrup, this will undoubtedly curtail our efforts, at least for the upcoming season. Once I have some time in perhaps my schedule will offer a little more freedom, but certainly not to the degree that I have enjoyed being self-employed. Still, we intend to cook and make syrup in a few weeks. Probably not on as large a scale, but we will do what we can. I will be in the woods today, opening up trees and getting ready to install our very first run of tubing, and I have marked an additional 25 walnut trees, and 20 maples, so we're still expanding the operation. It will all work out, and be worth it in the end. I begin at IU on Jan 4th, and will be taking most of December off to facilitate remodel operations over at our other house. Lots going on right now, so excited at what lies ahead.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.