I was talking entire LED fixture assemblies and not just bulbs. I know we sell fluorescent bulbs and have contracts with a number of institutions and banks to replace bulbs (need to be disposed of properly, which cost money), but never heard of anyone just screwing in an LED bulb to replace a CF or incandescent. I know we've tested some LED bulbs with dismal results, but think the proper technology is in the entire fixture assembly that fires the LED.

There is some neat stuff out there in LED tho. When that guy showed up with the demo unit, boss had him look into a warehouse that has 12 HID fixtures that eat a whole bunch of watts. He came back and said he could put more light in with only 4 LED fixtures at a fraction of the energy.

Boss works closely with the power company and they give decent rebates to commercial/industrial/farms if you go the energy efficient route with lighting or motor controls. I usually upgrade 1 coaster per year and the rebates for installing a VFD, along with the rate cut per KWH (yep, they will cut your rates), usually pays for itself pretty quick. At $60.00/HP or light fixture, it can add up. I got the PF753 for Timbers (with negotiations) for just a tad more than the power company was going to give them in rebates. It was darn near free.

Unfortunately, there are no residential programs like this, which really bites!

Kinda figured out the new meter today: ACDC-54NAV Pretty cool so far grin