Dinsmoreoutdoors

I am no expert whatsoever but I have stocked LMB / CC / (25) HSB / CNBG / NBG / RE in my 1-7/8 acre pond.

First stockling was CNBG / NBG / RE then 6 months later introduced in my LMB / LMB / HSB. My third year I introducted another 15 HSB.

Our largest HSB that has been caught was a 4.5 lb last summer. With the hot temperatures, the HSB would stress and die off after being caught so we began harvesting the HSB. We have removed 8 I think from the body of water thus far. Our long term goal is to start removing a few each year and continue to repolace what we harvest. My thought process is we will have multiple sizes to catch from at any given point.

I feed aquamax 400, 500 & 600 feed, 7 times a day at different timed intervals. In all, I am feeding about 70 lbs of feed per month. As the water cools off as it is now doing, the panfish slow down but the CC and HSB continue to be agressive while feeding and if they feed like last year during the winter, I do expect them to slow down.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to get some background out there as to what I have going on. We have jug fished for the catfish using live small CNBG / NBG and end up catching LMB as well as HSB. From this, the HSB are supplementing their diet with fish as Mr. Bill Cody has stated above. The mouth size of the HSB determines what size HSB we are catching using a jug. We have also had HSB hitting top water lures and worms during winter and summer time.

I have captured most all fish size, weights through the 4 years of my pond life and will have a shock boat coming in this month or next month to bring up the fish and see exactly what the balance is at this point. My concern is the amount of panfish size that the HSB & CC have been feeding on so hopefully this will let me know where I am at. One and a half years ago I added another 50 CC to the 7 CC I had left in the pond, 3-4 months later, the water turned Yahoo choc milk color and has never cleared. I do plan to harvest all CC out of the pond when the shock boat arrives......I am hoping the CC and the culprit.....

Coupe

I subscribe!