Well it happened - lines freezing already.

I am running this on a timer only at night. About 11PM-8AM.

Now we are having some freezing nights (not even a hard freeze yet) and I have discovered my lines are freezing closed putting back pressure on the pump and no aeration.

I changed the main line to 1/2inch running now underground inside the one inch to the bank (100ft away), it then exits the one inch and runs up the bank (exposed) to the manifold which currently is setting on the ground. I am thinking of mounting the manifold vertically that may eliminate the manifold collecting moisture but I don't know how to stop it from settling into the main line coming up the bank.

I ran the airline from the house for the main reason of not running electric to the pond and also not wanting the pump out on the bank of the pond. I am now thinking I may have to build a house for it and mount the manifold directly off the pump into the water so as not to have any region that can collect moisture (no low spots).

I am currently running 3 diffusers but will go to one in the winter so I keep a small area open and the rest can freeze over for skating.

Looking for ideas and thoughts - anyone encounter this before and have a solution?