This will be interesting!

Carp are scatter spawners - no nests are built. Due to the turbidity of the water, having bowfishing tournaments won't have the desired outcome (I believe).

Have you done a bucket test and confirmed that the turbidity is due to mechanical means and not ionic imbalance? As weird as it sounds, two ponds side by side CAN be different.

The trophy catfishery sounds interesting, and I think that it is the correct route to take at this time. Whether Blues will do the trick or Flatheads will be needed is the question. I think that more than one Fyke/hoop net will be needed. Make sure you have a large stable (wide) boat to use when setting the fyke net - larger ones are difficult to bring in to a boat when they are loaded with fish. If there are large snappers in there with the fish, they make you think twice about reaching in there and removing fish by hand.......

A thought. If the common carp population is large, I remember reading about bank fishing tournaments in Europe, and how they are (were?) becoming popular here in the USA. I wonder if you could contact them and arrange to have a tournament there?

Ask Fatih and Keith; fishing from the shore for carp, using whole kernel corn for bait and chumming with corn works.

To accomplish your goals, I think using a fyke/hoop net is great. Any catfish caught can be released back into the pond, carp removed.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).