Very interesting.

I'm presently looking at putting in a two way oxygen solenoid in line with an oxygen tank that will always be in a closed position when the power is on, but opens to release oxygen if their is a power outage. This is for my fourth high school. Not crazy about the prices I'm seeing in the Pentair/ AES catalog for one, and can't help thinking the mark up is outrageously high like much of the rest of what they sell. I'm researching sources right now: Asco, Grainger, etc.

Myself and one of the high school's is using a Tripplite APS750 inverter with two deep cycle batteries wired in parallel to get up to 10 hours of emergency back up power. We're talking close to $300.00 for the inverter and at least another couple hundred for the deep cycle batteriies. Was hoping the solenoid option would be cheaper. But it may be a wash as far as cost once the oxygen tank, regulator, and solenoid cost is added up if solenoid valves are as expensive as they are in the Pentar/AES catalog. OTOH the ag classes do welding which would means they have access to tanks, oxygen, and regulators.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 09/20/15 01:01 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.