Originally Posted By: Flame
Well this is not sounding good at all.Maybe we shouldn't feed our fish. Or maybe fatten them up for about 2 years and then cut the food off making them easier to catch.What is the big deal of trophy fish if they won't bite?

That is the philosophical question we have debated here before. Look at it this way; learning how to fool these pellet conditioned fish is part of the challenge. Sure, you may need to explore different techniques, but that's part of the fun. If it were easy to walk out to your pond and have a 15lb LMB or 2lb BG on the end of your line with every cast, then those folks would be right...it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

I believe feeding our fish has helped to make me a better angler. And not just from throwing everything in the tackle bag at them, but also from watching, studying, and learning about them on this forum as well as the magazine. Pond and fish management is a package deal for me, not just a case of following a pre-set formula and reeling in giant fish. It simply doesn't work that way.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.