Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Tracy, I have a trespasser/poacher/thief that shows up on my place. I don't live there. So far only 1 TC has been taken. I would be scared to put out a Reconyx.

I found out 1 thing about batteries. Ray-O-Vac advertised that they were as good as Duracell. So I figured to just buy Duracell. The package says that they are good for or at least last for 10 years. I buy them in the 48 pack. I had some around that I had bought about a year before and put them in some cams. After sitting that year, they lasted about 2 weeks when I used them in my cams.

DD1,
Had the same thing happen to me last year on both accounts. I had 2 cameras disappear last hunting season, so I pulled the 3rd one. Sucks when people trespass on your property and steal your stuff....I think my thieves are local...I'm too remote back there for anything else. I need to put out an old empty camera case and put a stealth camera on the empty camera...then, leave 'em a little note inside. And, I concur with you on the Ray-O-Vac junk...the 6 volt batteries will discharge sitting behind the seat of my pick up....even with caps on them. I go Dura-cell only....

...when in doubt...set the hook...