Thanks for the support guys....I am a bit touchy on this topic, sorry for my shortness. Who was the first dude who said white stinks
People seem to shop for appearance, fish simply want cover. Most folks think the shiny and newly manufacured means better, this is not in the case with habitat materials. Wild,dense, abstract and unruly is what fish excell within. Years of underwater diving/testing continues to confirm this. We don't want the fisherman to be able to access all their hiding spots!?
Color has come up from day one, way back when nobody wanted to accept PVC as cover at all, let alone over wood, remember?
Periphyton will grow on glass..........a textured surface simply gives it a better foothold but not the determining factor of fishy success.
Surface area is cover, square footage of shade, it's a most important part of success. Symetry is not natural in nature.

Now that pvc is getting it's deserved place in the arsenal, we still deal with misconceptions and old beliefs.
Eric the photographer has recanted his first negative opinion of white, because of the lack of birch tree use he see's.....not a scientific approach of determining fish color choice. he now believes a lighter color is an advantage, mostly for the reasons pointed out above.
The ocean is full of color and species work with it to their advantage, prey or predator.
If color was important, believe me we would be producing habitat in that color. Siding is notoriously lighter in colors, but we use pvc from black to white with no difference in fish preference. Siding is only one of many sources of reclaimed PVC we produce habitat with.

I have been underwater as our light cribs have been dropped, only to see smallmouth rush upon them to investigate not only the crib, but myself. It's tough to break old thinking, even biologists like Dave Beasley state color matters........
"Lastly, note that fish tend to prefer darker, more natural fish cover. Installing cover that is lighter will silhouette the fish and, as a result, the cover is not as desirable since the fish are unable to hide as well. But, over time, most types of artificial structure covers with a dark mass of periphyton."
Depends on what color fish you are I guess....
We could manufacture any color we wanted.....we choose not to stamp out identical parts because the fish have told us they don't care what color, they want diversity in texture and size! How about black?
Self righting, no assembly artificial habitat in a box
Fishadow self opening habitat with Vertical UpRiseTM*