First off, I have to give the ROE(rules of engagement) for this post:

1. NO, I repeat, NO sympathy statements. George will not tolerate them.

2. NO regrets.

George wanted me to tell the story about the first time he came out to the farm first. I agreed.

The first time George came out to the farm, He looked left and said "you need a brood pond right there." I did not have the time or understanding to realize what he had said. I would come to understand over the next few years how much of a game changer brood ponds really are, but until then, I did not get it. George took one look at the big pond and said "That's not a pond, that is a lake." Again I did not get it. George saw the potential in our project with one look. When the first brood pond happened, I named it after him. Now I have three brood ponds and soon I'll have four. I get it. Thanks George for being patient, I am a little slow at times.

Now for the real reason for this post.

George's cancer is back and he is now being cared for by Hospice. He is showing such character of strength facing death that I am beyond humbled. Staring down death, George continues to teach and sets the bar higher than one could ever expect to achieve. Seeing him at peace and prepared for his day with the Lord is inspirational.

This post is where George would like any POSITIVE messages posted to him and he would like Allen's post to be used for the stories ABOUT him and his effect on us.

George is loosing weight rapidly and does not have strength to reply to all, but we will ensure he reads them all, or we will read them to him.

I'll throw out the first pitch:

Thank you Army Air Corp Engineer. Your compassion, understanding and patients will not be forgotten. Your foot prints on this world changed things for the better. You will be remembered!!

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%