Originally Posted By: SoSauty
I want to learn more on this issue, this is as a good of a forum for the discussion as it gets. Every so often, someone will deliver a real nugget of information or delivers a point of view about the EPA that's astounding.

Originally Posted By: sprkplug
As I've stated in other fairly recent threads on this subject, I do believe the EPA would love to take control of my water. I just feel the time for them to be able to do so, hasn't arrived. And I doubt it will take place anytime soon. Be prepared, yes. Be paranoid over it, no.

Being a long-time officer of the West Virginia Aquaculture Association this is a subject I've followed nearly since its inception. It is something that all landowners and pond owners should educate themselves about.

When I mentioned writing to your US Senators, I failed to mention why just write to the Senators. I made the incorrect assumption that people have been following this closely. The House of Representatives already passed a bill restricting the changes to the clean water act. It is now up to the Senate to come up with their version and take it to committee with the House.

Additionally, I know of at least six major lawsuits currently filed against the EPA regarding the changes to the CWA. One of them is by the State of West Virginia.

Lastly, there have been a number EPA actions that have been adjudicated by the US Supreme Court since 2001. In every single instance, the EPA has lost the battle.

It will go into affect this week, but it has already been very badly wounded. I believe it will be challenged at nearly every turn by local governments, state governments and big corporations with deep pockets. I agree with Sparky's "Be prepared, yes. Be paranoid over it, no."

Again, I request that everyone please keep this civil. Educate yourself from legitimate sources of information.

Ken

Last edited by catmandoo; 08/26/15 03:19 PM. Reason: correcting the grammar corrector

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!