TGW1, in addition to what was said, can you get in touch with any of the workers that were on the crew of the well drilling team? Or was it only one guy who did all the work?

I'd like to know how big the well casing is (6", 8", etc) and how big the well screen is - i.e. did they put one or two lengths of screen on it. Also, what was the screen made from, plastic or stainless steel?

Also, see if you can find out any more information on the well pump, such as who made it and what the capacity is. Did the well driller give you any information on the receipt? Did he give you the owners/operators manual for the pump? Not all 5 hp pumps will pump the same amount of water - not only will the head pressure dictate the amount of flow, the pump will too. I am looking at a Grundfos pump, and a 5 hp pump motor can move different volumes of water, depending on what efficiency of water pump is attached to that motor.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).