Originally Posted By: esshup
Since the cell phone was updated with the lollipop software (Samsung) I have not had signal at the house. I got Verizon to get me a signal extender that made using the cell phone in the house possible. Well, the extender lasted for 2 weeks then quit working. I spent about a whole day with them on the land line talking to someone at tech, and they decided that a new extender was the answer.

Got it, installed it and it doesn't work either. ANOTHER 1/2 day on the phone and they pushed it over to the Engineering dept. I told them to call the land line.

This weekend I've had 5 calls to the cell phone from Verizon, and when I tried calling the number back from the land line it says that the number is no longer in use.

My only other option is AT&T, and with 5 weeks to go on the orig. Verizon contract, that'd be a $350 hit to get out of the contract.....

Even so I got a trial AT&T phone to check signal. 3 bars until I turned on the road that leads to the house. 2 bars. Pull in the driveway, 2 bars. Still marginal. Get right outside the house, 1 bar. Go inside, 1 bar.

I'm about to give up.

Lollipop, really, really, really sucks!!! That got installed on my Nexus 7 and I've wanted to bounce that sucker off a few concrete walls, but have an Otter Box on it, and the dang thing wasn't cheap cry Hopefully, they may come out with something new and improved, but don't bet on it wink

Windows 10 was to be the fix-all for all of our Rockwell Software laugh wink

I'm sorry if you guy's are not familiar with Rockwell or Siemens software/products, but this basically runs the infrastructure of our country and others as well, as well as aircraft.

Big problem is they went with Microsoft as an OS quite a while ago, but Microsoft don't give a crap anymore and windows 10 was supposed to be the fig leaf collaboration between the stuff that actually runs the world and the crap that's corrupting your grade school child by teaching them that everything they ever need is available with a monthly subscription on a device.

All of our customers run MS OS, so if we change on this, they have to, and it would be a huge expense.

All I can say is it sucks at times.