Originally Posted By: Lynyrd
RC51, I'll keep your comments in mind. IF I put BC in in will be this October. I've never seen 10 inch CNBG. I put 7K of them in my lake in April that were 1"-3" long, and they've been actively spawning all summer. Seen the beds and the young. If I could get them to grow to 10" that would be awesome. I figured their main purpose was food for the LMB.

Lynyrd,

They do get to be 9, 10 and even 11 inches. In some case 12. Here are a couple of mine from this last year. This is after 4 years. The one my boy is holding is 1 pound exactly we weighed it right at 10 inches. The other one is 11 inch 1.5 pounds!! Biggest one I have caught so far on my pond.

The cool thing about CNBG is they do feed your bass and they can get big enough to eat and don't cause as many issues. You get a win, win situation with BG and CNBG! That's just me tho. Like n8ly said your pond is big enough to handle them to some extent but.... 4 years from now who knows what kind of a mess you could have.....

Keep in mind it's not that I don't like Crappie they are good! But you have to ask yourself after reading all the stuff out here about the problems with crappie is it worth it? Once you put them in a 10 acre pond and it doesn't go right good luck trying to fix it later! frown

RC

Attached Images
1 Pound Bluegill.jpg 11 inch BG.jpg 9.5 inch Blue Gill.jpg BG and LMB o the Grill.jpg

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!