So I've started the official transition from aquatic plants to both natural and PVC cover. After 6 weeks of spraying on a 3 day cycle, my 5 acres of coontail infestation is almost controlled also. Not that anyone's interested, but it was a beating to say the least. Esshup was a great help with some tough issues, so props to him.

Since I'll be placing approximately 3 acres of new cover in the big puddle, I needed the pvc cover to be easily movable and removable, and know exactly what depth it's at when placed.

This is what I came up with.

I glued a fitting to the top of the porcupine, and added a 5' piece that is marked every foot. The markings allow me to place the cover at whatever depth I want by just looking at the lines. As I move out deeper, the pvc cover will get bigger, and I'll try to keep as close to the surface as is seasonally practical.

Once the cover is in place, and it's placement documented, I just unscrew the top piece of pvc, and move on. This is the start of the CNBG side, and hopefully my primrose, rush, and American pondweed will handle the shallowest water. The bottom suspended pvc trees in my previous post are going on the LMB side as an ambush point.

Just for reference, this first batch is targeted near the new feeder on the dam, with no cover placed in the feeder throwing lane.

AL