TGW1,
I would like to start with I am no pump expert but I do have 2 water wells on my place.....I will do my best to assist you if I can until some experts do answer your post.

You will probably need some additional information so the correct answer can be obtained. Process of elimination will help you in identifying what the cause my be.

1. Is your pump a 220VAS or 110VAC? If it is 220 VAC, do a voltage check and see if you are actually getting that power.

2. If you are getting your actual power to the control box where the electrical pump ties into, then cut the pump on and do another voltage check at the electrical box but at the electrical wire going into the well and see what the draw down of the power is? This may be an indication there if the pump is having issues.

3. Is there any way to determine the exact water level? Dropping an additional 21' on your pump depth and assuming its the pump my not be completely accurate in my opinion. Not having rain in 8 weeks or so my have dropped the water level more than you realize. Is it possible to remove all of the tubing from the well, take a fishing reel with a weight on the end and drop into the well? You will be able to tell when the weight hits the water, the decent will slow down considerately. Once you find the water level, you can put you a piece of duct tape on your fishing line at the edge of the tubing, reel it up, then stretch the line out on the properly and get an accurate depth.

4. Would you know if anyone in your area has a water well that ties into the same reservoir as you are tapping into? We had a crawfish farmer drill a well, add in a 6" casing into that reservoir and start filling his crawfish ponds. Within a few days are water well dried up until he quit pumping and the reservoir recharged itself back to the normal level. That may be a possibility also.

5. Your pump installer should have given you a book for your pump so you can look it up online and gather information about the pump, maybe get an manufacture of the pump, from there you could give them a call and see what information they can give you on it.

I know this is not the silver bullet to your problem but it may get you started in working out what the problem actually is.

Coupe

I subscribe!