my name is pat(surprise!) im from Kansas I have no idea how big my family pond is, its an old limestone quarry that filled in it ranges from a foot deep in parts to about 15, it was stocked in the 70s with largemouth bass, a few species of sunfish and channel catfish. its been fished by family and family friends I don't know about bass but I was told that the catfish were overfished. ive fished for catfish for 3 or 4 years now and haven't caught a single one so I don't know if any are left, and there are shite tons of bass, some up to 4-5 pounds most under 1 pound, and lots and lots of bluegill with the average being about 3-5 inch length. id like to learn how to manage our fishery better, and my goal is to increase the size of bass and figure out if there are any ways to figure out if catfish are left. ive done a little bit of research but its helped only a bit. I did start killing any bass I was catching under 10 inches last spring and caught several bass over 3 or 4 pounds this year, a lot more than last year. I was refered to this site by a member of a facebook group. what do I do lol

theres a reason its called fishing, not catching