I ordered six of the Gee's traps off Ebay. Hope they are as good as everyone says.

Tried something different yesterday. Minnow traps only have about a 1" opening so the size of BG is kind of limited that a person can catch. I had the desire to catch some slightly larger BG.

So I had this Fabril crayfish trap. It looks just like the plastic coated minnow traps and is the same size but the opening in the ends is much larger. The opening is so large in fact, BG will readily come right back out of the trap. But I found for the BG in my main pond that are used to being fed along the shoreline and are plentiful, I can throw this crayfish trap in with some dog food chunks in it, wait no longer than 5 minutes, and have a bunch of anything from very small to about 4" BG in the trap. I have to hold my hands over then ends because of all the fish flopping they will flop out the ends. Can't leave it in the water any longer than what the fish have the feed cleaned up or they just swim right back out.

But it does work to trap some slightly larger BG as shown in the pictures.

Just an FYI for anyone that has one of these traps or needs to capture some slightly larger BG that are used to feed.

Attached Images
IMGA1534.JPG IMGA1535.JPG
Last edited by snrub; 08/01/15 11:23 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine