I called Todd...at least the number listed for Todd. I got a female (didn't catch her name). I told her what I have for a pond, and this is what she recommended:

7-8 hybrid striped bass (because they are easier to catch than LMB, and can't breed), 60 CNBG, 12 REB, and 40 Tilapia.

The reason for the tilapia is because they have no FHM right now. I asked her about this (because I heard they are prolific breeders and didn't understand why they would be out). Her answer was that they don't breed their own minnow, they get them out of ARKANSAS!!!! And that breeder is out right now. Anyhow, the tilapia are supposed to breed every 30 days, and die in the winter (so would need to be restocked after winter). This would give the bass something to eat.

When I asked about feeding (told her I figured I was going to have to feed at least for a little while), she said I can, but don't have to. I can get 100 CNBG for the same price of 75...so was thinking about increasing that number...but she had said they and the REB are ready to breed. The only thing I didn't like about the mix was the size of the hybrid bass. I was looking at LMB that were 2-3 inches...because I figured it would be awhile before they start eating everything else. But the hybrids are 8-10 inches...

She said the blue gill would do a better job of eating mosquito larvae than the FHM.

Anyhow, I need to figure out what the house captain has planned for tomorrow and see if we want to spend all day in the truck.

Sean

Last edited by Boburk; 06/26/15 03:24 PM.