Originally Posted By: Timinator
George, does the 100 watt panels keep the battery fully charged? I guess you're running the pump at night and charging during the day?

If not, what is your cycling and time lengths for the pump running?

I speak solar so you can talk amps if you'd like.

Tim, I am a professional geologic interpreter of O&G Geophysical data – so – I can’t grab my amp with both hands.... laugh

Brian (Highflyer) is my solar consultant and he knows the tech stuff and I have some 12+ years aeration experience.

Yes, the two 100 watt solar panels will keep the marine deep cycle 12v 100 hr battery fully charged with optimum run times – IF – the sun shines..

My goal is somewhat different than most pond folks, crafted more for a water purification project by induction of maximum O2 to combat and prevent bad plankton buildup under under record breaking drought and Texas heat waves.
Not as important since our recent record rainfall as this time last year when we had dangerous excess nutrient problems.

The controller allows battery charging when needed and turns off when fully charged or partially discharged.

Brian set the timer for present experimental run for 30 minutes late mid-morning and mid afternoon, and 30 minutes around 3:00 am, based on his O2 instrument observations in his brood pond.
He has documented 30 minute 100% “turnover” with max O2 saturation in his brood ponds. He gives me his run time parameters and respects my views on longer run times at night. He will re-set nightly run times, and leave the two 30 minute daylight aeration.

I am looking for a close the lid and walk way system – we’ll see.

Thanks for your interest,
George

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)