Originally Posted By: FishyFishy
I won't be adding any more GC for a while, hopefully all 4 I put in this year survived and I really do have 6 GC that are getting fat on all my vegetation. I have been thinking that 6-7 is the right number for a slow gnaw. Could you briefly describe how you are spot treating with the Aquathol-K? I assume you are using some sort of hand spreader. I'd like to treat my dock area and maybe some other small areas where I can use crankbaits and other lures to thin some bass. To some extent the pond razor will do this but it is good to have more than 1 tool. I don't want to get rid of ALL vegetation at this point.

I broadcast minute amounts in areas where coontail and baby pondweed were present just to see the effects. The coontail was obliterated in 3 days without a trace - just some black stems floating around. The pondweed required about a week, but again, it was entirely knocked out. Apply product shallow as it will work outward towards the depths. I learned a little went a long way.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]