I just noticed in a post above that you initially said 250 GC + chemicals. It's hard to know what to attribute the loss of vegetation to. Chemicals can destroy vegetation a lot faster than GC. Every BOW is SO different from the next. There is a lot of science involved but I think it is art to process all the variables of fishing pressure, species in the environment, habitat, fertility, structure, depth, forage, stunting, overpopulation, water quality, exposure to sunshine, wind, vegetative species, steps taken to deal with problems, how draconian those measures are, goals for the fishery, the time you have to commit to it, whether you have help, whether the help you get is actually helpful, the size of the BOW, on and on. What I've concluded is that it is a constant process of measuring, observing, learning, applying what you've learned, monitoring the results, repeat, change and so forth. I don't think there is one formula that fits all cases, but there are big strategies that fit certain goals. I have really had my eyes opened by reading all the thoughtful posts of the people on this forum.

Last edited by FishyFishy; 06/16/15 08:56 AM.

I'm more like a pond servant.