Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Quality neighbors are an important "shopping"? aspect in my eyes. They can mean the difference between enjoying that parcel of ground you've always wanted, and "can't-wait-to-sell-this-*****"

We've all heard about getting married and starting in to "change" the other person? And we all know that seldom works long term. I think it works the same way with neighbors. Sure, you can go in with a don't mess with me attitude, and you bend a few, grudgingly, to your way of thinking. But do you ever feel free? Meaning, do you ever decide that you don't need the trail cameras, the video recorders, purple paint and no trespassing signs, Locks on every outbuilding, the sheriff's number on speed dial? Are you truly free if you still utilize these things, or are you constantly looking back over your shoulder, watching for signs, and listening for noises?

It could be an important "shopping" aspect, but what about long term. People so freely move every 5 years. You can't stop new neighbors, and you don't know what you get. Our place has been in the family since 1937, I'm here for the long term.