Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
I would be happy with no neighbors. Or, at least, none that have dogs. We no longer get along very well because I'm a jerk. They seem to think that dogs ought to be able to run the country side. When I had livestock, their dogs enjoyed chasing my cows and horses. After all, a dog doesn't know what a fence means or that they shouldn't chase a colt into a fence. Last deer season my game cams caught pics of 7 different dogs around my feeders. Hunting ranged from poor to lousy. Two of the dogs are beautiful, almost snow white, Shepherds with bright red collars. I am told that they are pretty viscous attack dogs. So, I generally carry a sawed off shotgun on my 4 wheeler. Why should I have to do that?

When a dog doesn't come home they call the Sheriffs Dept and report that someone must have shot their dog and that they need to check on me as the likely culprit. Actually, it is very rarely me because I don't live there and don't get a chance to shoot their damn dogs. BTW, I donate to the Sheriffs re-election campaign.

I have, in the past, set leg hold traps prior to deer season and notified neighbors that they need to keep their dogs at home. I hate that and also hate catching wildlife that I'm not going to eat. To date, nothing has worked to my satisfaction.

Some are good neighbors and some are rude. And some of us are jerks.