Conner all the catfish feed I have seen in farm stores and feed stores has been 32%. Tractor Supply sells some Cargill (called either game fish or sport fish) multi- species 36% that I have been feeding. It has a range of pellet sizes (some pretty small) with a portion of it sinking but most floating and it seems to work well for feeding small GSF and BG.

I have an old pond with GSF, and I can say with some confidence that you will not have a lot of trouble feed training GSF. Those little buggers do like their feed and hit it with gusto. The BG have to work their butts off to get to a pellet before a GSF gets to it.

Dave I don't think GSF will have a problem filling the biomass in the pond. It has been years ago, but used to take our kids when they were small fishing in a pond that was filled with stunted 4" GSF. It was a major chore taking fish off the hooks and putting worms on. Soon as the hook hit the water it was fish on. Pond was not that big (maybe half acre) and shallow and my guess now would be it had a winter fish kill at some point and the only thing that survived was the GSF, so no bass predators.

My GSF have been growing like crazy on feed pellets. I kill and throw them back in as many as I catch for catfish food, knowing that there are plenty more of them and by removing what I can the remaining ones will get to a size worth having. Lots of 4-5" ones right now.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 01/19/16 06:31 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine