When an absentee landowner near me had multiple complaints about all the shooting in his woods during deer season (not from me), he kicked everybody out and came and asked me what to do. I told him to find one hunter and trade hunting rights for his patrolling of the land. He tried it his way first but it did not work. He then tried getting a single hunter on the land. The guy that he chose made some enemies, but he made some friends too, like me. If he needs to track a deer into my land, he calls me and we help him not only track it, but drag it out. That land has been trouble free for over a decade. I also bought some land adjacent to my place a couple years back and made it clear that I now owned it. Folks know who I am, and the trespassing stopped when I signed the papers to purchase it. I take my ownership seriously, but I may turn up dead some day as well. That is the price of freedom. I like timshuffin's idea of finding someone local to look after trespassers in exchange for exclusive access.