No I do not. If my actions adversely affect anyone else, then I expect to be challenged, perhaps in court. But that does not give the EPA the right to preemptively force me thorough a bureaucratic regulatory and permitting process prescribing how I modify my property (e.g. build a pond). The cost of building a mitigation wetland on my property by the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) was an order of magnitude higher in cost than I built my own wetland. This was purely a function of bureaucracy that did not affect the resulting wetland. It is way out of hand. My brother is in construction, and he knows to bid government projects at several times private projects due to silly rules. For example, the INDOT wetland project used chain-link fencing in the dam to protect against muskrat damage, but all state projects must use a certain type of chain-link fencing to build actual fences, but that did not factor in, so they spent considerably more to purchase "special" chain-link fencing to bury in the dam. The list of similar situations goes on and on, at the expense of actually coring the berm properly. Fortunately I have adequate water flow to make up for the leakage. Words mean little when actions speak so much louder.

Last edited by RAH; 06/07/15 11:57 AM.