Water is a finite source and must be taken care of. I was fighting for taking care of our water when I was 12 (I'm 81 now) at the local conservation club I belonged to in a small town in Indiana. Oil and pollutants were coming from the Anchor Hocking Glass plant and running into the White River which flows on through to Indianapolis. The pollutants were so thick it looked like pure oil in this ditch. The adults of the conservation club were afraid to even talk about this problem because Anchor provided half of the jobs in our town. Behind our city dump was our water treatment plant and was located on white river. And just on the down side of it the condoms were so thick that the bottom of the river was solid white with condoms. To this day I walk and kayak the streams in my area and I know pollution and where it comes from. My farm and the farms in my area are no till farm and are farmed with chemicals from beginning to end. And with every farm ditched with underground plastic dranging piping the runoff is instant and into the streams. I have a small farm and I know how this works.

The EPA is the only protection I know of.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/06/nyregi...WT.nav=top-news

Last edited by John Monroe; 06/06/15 02:30 AM.