Originally Posted By: Tbar
Reading some peoples posts makes me believe there isn't a regulation they couldn't support. That pushing more and more regulation on their fellow man is ok but to have a different opinion is heresy.

Where exactly is Freedom Indiana....???

Freedom lies in the south central portion of the state, nearer the western edge than the middle, neatly divided by US highway 231/67. There's not much to see here, but you'll know you've arrived by the flashing yellow caution light that hangs over the junction of 67 and Arney rd. The sole traffic light, by the way.

You probably won't be impressed with Freedom. No gas stations, banks, convenience marts. We are proud of our automated crossing gate that operates on the railroad track however. It's the only one in the entire county. And, if your eyesight is sharp you may catch a fleeting glimpse of the small sign along the highway declaring Freedom was the home of Babe Pierce....the original Tarzan.

We also have a genuine US postal office. For the time being, anyway. It's days are numbered in a community this small, and we all know it. Probably ought to stop in and look it over during your visit, before it disappears. You might catch Mrs Abrell in there picking up her mail, and strike up a conversation. Course she will be polite, but probably cock her head at you a bit.....you talk funny, and that means you aren't from around here. Ask her how long her family has been settled in this area. Ask her also how the John Deere is running....I service it for her. Have for years.

If she's especially talkative, ask her about Freedom area resident Sammy Davis. Indiana's only living Medal of Honor recipient. You might know him from the movie Forrest Gump. It was his body that Tom Hanks face was superimposed over, during the presentation scene in the movie. The scene itself was real.

If you really want to get a feel for the big city however, you need to continue further down 67 for another 7-8 miles. You'll reach Spencer, the county seat. Population approx. 2400, and home to three of what I think are only five stop lights in the entire county. Be sure and check out the courthouse, with its copper dome. Pause a moment in quiet reflection, at the Doughboy statue on the courthouse lawn. Did I mention that Spencer was the hometown of noted artist, E.M. Viquesney, creator of the statues?

Now for the good part. We'll leave this city atmosphere behind and go for a drive out in the country. There's some folks I'd like you to meet. We're going to take your truck however, as what passes for a county road is enough to make a vehicle's suspension break out into a cold sweat...but I'm sure you won't mind as I know you're curious about sampling the full flavor of where I call home. One more thing, and I've mentioned this here before, when we stop somewhere you stay in the truck and let me do the talking. The folks we'll be paying a visit too out here don't take kindly to outsiders, whether they be governmental in nature, or just an unknown face. They're good people, just wary. They're used to doing things their way, without intervention from anyone. Sound familiar?

After I've broken the ice and made the introductions, you can ask them about the EPA, and government policies, and how they feel their lives will be impacted. Don't be upset when they laugh in your face however. They don't mean it personally, but they're far more concerned about getting the firewood cut, coming up with the money for a couple new tires, and hoping it doesn't rain until they get the garden in...they're counting on that produce to help make it through the winter. For many pond owning residents of Freedom, there are far more pressing concerns than rumors of apocalyptic scenarios, and veiled suspicions. Many here are simply trying to survive.

And on that note, I'm going fishing to try for some BG filets for supper. Not out of fear that I need to get them now while I still can, but just for the simple enjoyment.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.