Hello everyone,

My first post or question on here was regarding my pond not holding/losing water. Well, as they say, be careful what you wish for. We have received over 19 inches in about 3 weeks around where I live and my pond grew to over 3 acres and I was excited. However the last storm that came through caused another flash flood which caused the dam to spill over, which to my knowledge has never happened in the past. This over-topping has started to eat away or erode into the dam at approximately the middle of it. From the reading I have tried to do it is recommended to repair damage as quickly as possible. I work at a factory and have free reign to concrete rubble, rocks, and heavy clay filler dirt that we have piled up in the yard from installing new machines and factory lines. I have contacted the NRCS in my area and will be emailing them some pictures and they will assign it to an engineer that might be able to give me some help. In the meantime, is there anything I can do with this clay filler dirt and rubble to help patch or repair the damage already done to the dam? After I snap some pictures I will upload them here so everyone can see. Wish me luck!