Hello Forum. I'm Jack from SW MO. Eager to learn as I begin the process of TRYING to improve my 1/4 acre pond to hopefully 1/2 acre or bigger. It'll have to be somewhat of a kidney shape, but hopefully it'll come out ok. Figured it wouldn't be added onto until Novemberish. However, I'm not sure when renovations (i.e. making a pond bigger) when the best time of year would be. I was just guessing. As a NOVICE I'm looking for advice and this is where I landed. I probably jumped the gun a little bit. I ordered 25 cc, 3 lbs FHM and 3 grass carp to put in my current 1/4 acre pond. Not sure if I'll have the funds to make the pond bigger this Fall, so I wanted to add a little big to help clean up some and just see whats going to happen when I add these to my current fishin' hole. Also, it was said that there are crappie in it when I purchased in the Fall. Have not caught 1, so I'm reluctant with that. I know that there is currently 0 catfish. Have some health bass, perch and Hyprid Blue Gill. Trying to fish out the perch, want to keep the HBG. They are very good size right now. So my question right now is: The fish that I catch from now on....Should I start keeping track of species and size? Thank you for the help and looking forward to the forums. Jack