Originally Posted By: TGW1
Since you guys are talking rock and roads, I have a question. I went to the Kubota dealer and looked @ a piece of equipment that when drug behind the tractor, it will turn or roll over the gravel and is used for farm road repair. Who here has used one? I think it is a Land Pride and is painted orange to match the tractor. There was another one they had, different brand and heaver built and a $1,000.00 higher in price, I think it was painted yellow ? Sorry but I am getting forgetful when it comes to the name of maker or the equipment frown And does this thing work worth a dam, will it save me in the cost of hauling in more rock? Or smooth out farm pasture roads?

Thanks

Tracy

These are graders and work well for clay based roads. Not good for maintaining rock roads.

The best road maintenance tool is a blade. A good one should allow you to rotate the blade forward to cut and backwards to smooth. This is is a must tractor tool and much more versatile than a a grader. Secondarily it must tilt so you can cut ditches. Thirdly it must angle so you can move the dirt from crown of the road into the wheel trenches that develop. With a blade and some experience a person can do on a tractor what a motor grader can do.

Land pride makes good equipment. I always go for the most rugged device I can afford and still tear stuff up. Don't go cheap on tractor implements.

I can take my blade every year and rework my stone roads perfectly to recreate a crown and clean ditches and smooth out everything.

http://www.landpride.com/products/124/rbt40-series-rear-blades

This is the rear blade I have but I have a big tractor. You dont need to get something this large unless you have a tractor over 70hp and are going to work it hard.

Then add top and tilt to your tractor and life is good smile

Last edited by Swiss; 05/15/15 08:41 AM.

2.5 Acre Pond