Hi All, I talked with the distributor for Jakes Feed in Longview Tx. He said the issue was simply this, Purina just had a snafu in start up of spring supply needs in the south. He said that Purina is supporting the Aquamax product and that Purina shut down a plant and had to find additional suppliers. He said they have started, although late, to fill the demand. He said that about 3 weeks is what they see as the distribution chain will be full or much closer to full. they have the game fish and already are making the 600, then 500 and 400 about the same time.

For us in Tx. I did speak with Rangen in Angleton Tx. and they have several floating products that are in the family of Aquamax (fishmeal) feed. He said they have 1/8" 3/10" 1/4" and 3/8" Floating, a 40% protein,10% fat called EXTRA 40. They have another 45% product and I forgot to write down the fat content,in 1/16 and 3/32" sizes. He said they are not set up for retail but will not turn away retail, if a retail customer has a tax free number.

I have cut back on my feed distribution amount in hopes that the Purina supply chain will improve dramatically in the next week or two. If that does not happen then I will go elsewhere for my little bit of business.

The Purina distributor guy was nice and said that during meetings Bob L. had voiced displeasure to say the least and as far as he was concerned this Snafu will most likely not happen again. He said he does want happy customers and Purina does too.

Hope this little bit of info helps someone make a decision. I will let everyone know when I see it in East TX. and hopefully it will start showing up everywhere else too.

Life is more fun with a pole in your hand.