Originally Posted By: JKB

PTC Heater (PTC Resistor)

Engineered for use in control enclosures to provide heat and reduce/eliminate condensation.

12Vdc models available - Inrush current is high, but trims back after it starts. Eats about 10 watts and kicks out about 185°F convection style - Made in Germany - Pretty Cool! - Inexpensive!

We do a lot of outdoor control systems for various concerns, but we usually use the expensive Hoffman stuff. I like this stuff from Germany.

Now that is cool!! I was all worried about a heat source and you had this up your sleeve! Steeeeep learning curve for me around here.

Originally Posted By: JKB

Silly me blush
Been worrying about derating all the electronics for the altitude. In order to follow NEC (National Electric Code), this compressor needs to be mounted in a NEMA rated enclosure (not something you quickly whip out in your garage, or practice welding on) It needs to bear the certifications for a legal installation, and they are getting tough on solar as well)

Anyway, design pressure for this rig is 15 PSI and we have a compressor that needs to be mounted in a enclosure. 14.7 PSI puts this at sea level with no derate on the electronics, only the compressor intake for the elevation needs to be derated due to the thin air. Kinda see where I am going with this?

I'm gonna take a stab at it and probably sound stupid.... You thinking pressurize the enclosure it is all mounted in?? (I'm deleting this if it is way wrong!! haha)

Last edited by wbuffetjr; 04/18/15 11:35 AM.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management