Originally Posted By: Lynyrd
I made a couple of small mistakes on the siphon. It did not come on by itself. In fact, it was vapor locked and would not let any water through at all. I had to bleed the air pressure off of it before it would start. But, I know what I need to do to fix it so that it will self prime, and it won't be a hard fix.
Hello Lynyrd........... I'm curious as to what the problem with the siphon was. Was the high point vent clogged, or was the vent pipe routed too deep into the pond? I'm thinking that vapor lock shouldn't occur in an open ended siphon overflow regardless of whether or not the vent is working, but after looking at your pictures I did notice the long length of riser pipe at the discharge end of the siphon. Depending on piping elevations, I'm guessing that this long length of riser might possibly create enough head pressure at the outlet so as to allow an airlock to occur at certain pool elevations, should the high point vent become clogged.............. Just a thought. Like I said, I'm curious.

btw: NICE project, and congrats on the rain.