Ok, let's start with my goals. I want a ecosystem that sustains itself well enough. I'm fine doing this or that, adding fish every year to re-balance a bit, but don't want to go overboard. I don't plan to pellet feed except maybe with kids that want to throw some food out or something just for fun.

While I do plan to fish, I don't think I'll fish it all the time. I honestly hadn't considered eating the fish, but I guess it makes sense to do so. It's not a goal, but something I would try. I typically eat more cold-water fish. (tuna, sea bass, salmon, etc)

I do agree that the quantities seemed excessive honestly and appreciate that feedback.

I'm fine skipping the catfish for now as well, especially since I think I might have one or two anyway.

So it would seem something more like this?

25 1-3" Bluegill
25 1-3" Shellcracker
0 Catfish
25 3" Largemouth Bass
15 4-6 Largemouth Bass
3 Lbs. Fathead Minnows

BTW...A couple of things I forgot to mention in general.
1) We have two very large Koi (one died last year)
2) We only have a couple of box turtles in the area.
3) I want to help promote a balanced environment to reduce grass (why I added the grass carp last year) and reduce algae imbalance that can happen easily.
4) I add "good" bacteria and have been adding coloring to the pond to help reduce UV light to the grass.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Vaaccess; 03/28/15 09:15 PM.