TGW1,

Yes, I have no doubt I need to cut back on my LMB. They will be spawing here shortly and then summer time coming, we should be able to get them knocked back.

The self proclaimed "Fishing Queen" is one of a kind. Last summer brother in law and his wife came by to gather a few fish to take home but fishing was slow. I told brother in law that I will get the fishing queen to come with us...he laughed, said whatever, its not like I don't know how to fish. Well, fishing queen hauled in 23 CNBG, BG, brother in law, notta, zip, sister in law had 1 7 lb cat and 1 4 lb LMB. Nothing else......He is a believer of "The Fishing Queen". lol, To top it off, she explained each fish to him, telling a male from female by the flap, NBG from CNBG....He was schooled just a lil bit....lol

My stocking was 1,000 CNBG, 500 NBG, 300 RE, waited 6 month and added 75 FLMB, 25 CB, 20 HSB, 25 CC. With the pond at full pool of 1-7/8 acres and knowing she would get as low as 1 acre with the droubt at that time, I stocked for a 1 acre pond.

What would I change?
1.I would have stocked all fish from Overtons but did not know of his exsistance at that time when I purchased the CNBG, NBG, RE.
2. I would have added 300 additional CNBG in January for 3 years straight to build up my forage base.
3. I would have started harvesting LMB last summer instead of waiting till this year.
4. I would have went with all CB for the pond. That would have meant waiting till the following year to be able to afford the bass plus a full year to let my forage base build.
5. I would not change the LMB stocking ration, as you can see, I have LMB heavy right now or at least starting to look that way. My goal was large LMB, 5-7 lb range for the kids, plus smaller but that was my LMB weight limit.
6. I would have tagged every LMB I put in there, all 100 of them...once again, fund limited but should have waited. That data would be irreplacable if I had it now.
If I do the electroshock thing, I will tag every LMB that is original and above RW that I would be keeping.

Coupe

I subscribe!