TGW1,

We are seeing a bunch of smaller bass being caught lately. The feeder has been off and the smaller BG are hanging around that shallow area so the smaller bass are patrollking the shore line. Since the kids love to fish for the CNBG / BG around the feeder, they catch a few small LMB here and there.

I had a friend that wanted some offspring of the CB so a couple of weeks ago we attempted to catch some LMB but it had been raining for awhile, the water was muddy and catching was slow. We pulled 5 out, tagged each and then transported to friends 12 acre lake. All were under RW. We were hoping to catch some of the 100 original LMB but was unsuccessful.

We have sinced turned on the feeder feeding 7 times a day, about 13 seconds total feed time. The fish are really turning on, catfish and HSB are really hitting the food hard. Actually, we have pulled 2 CC out that were caught on a small BG on a hook while they were feeding on the Aquamax feed. 5.5 lb and 4.3 lb. These CC are 2-1/2 years old.

So, plan forward is pulling out all LMB under 16", removing all LMB under 85% RW, increase feeding from supplemental to adding lots of weight, put fish trap back into water and see what small BG/CNBG we can catch and monitor their sizes.....contemplating electroshocking....chatting back and forth with Mr. Greg Grimes right now...want to remove last 7 CC that was originally stocked 4-1/2 years ago....last one caught was over 10 lbs....I think they, CC, are hammering the small BG, heavy on small LMB.....just my less than amature guess at this point....

Coupe

I subscribe!