@Zep. I'm almost finished. I didn't realize you were so close. Send me a pm would love to have you come over and check it out.

@liquidsquid. You and others were very right about a huge watershed... It only took one storm to fill the pond up. The water is so high it's almost over the 3 foot embankments we created. Good news is we anticipated this and the "low side" of the pond is towards the flood plain. Now my only concern is fish I stock actually getting out during a flood.

@sparkplug. Thanks!

I have been mentally preparing myself and family that the pond would fill up in a year...it literally filled up in 1 day of rain... It's completely full.
Now to see if it holds the water and if it will leak.

I didn't even have time to put in much cover... I have one load of crushed concrete set up in the middle and nothing along the banks yet...but I'm not complaining, this is just awesome.

I know it's only been full for 1 day but is it too soon to try to fish in it? wink

Here's a thought it may already have fish in it. When I was pumping water from the creek I found several bluegill. (That I did not transplant) So now that it's flooded I'm sure some found there way into the pond already and who knows what else.

More pics to come.