I was recently sent a link to a web site showing the most crime ridden cities in the US. The little town of Bowie Texas, which is the closest town to my land, has the dubious distinction of coming in at #35. It is my personal observation that narcotics is usually the determining factor in these rankings.

I've had a few thefts in the last 30+ years of non resident land ownership there but only a couple of actual confrontations. One, many years ago, resulted in scuffling around in the dirt for a little while. I'm now way too old for that foolishness.

Another, 7 or 8 years ago, was defused by my ever present positive outlook, sunny disposition and a sawed off 12 ga single barrel shotgun. Those guys realized that they had no interest in my goods and left.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP