Originally Posted By: sprkplug

I've thought about it, and I think the biggest danger I face around our property would be bees. I'm constantly cutting, mowing, moving and piling, and I think there's a decent opportunity present to disturb a rogue band of angry yellowjackets. I suppose if I were to receive enough stings the consequences could be dire, and it might actually make more sense in my situation to carry an epi-pen rather than a firearm, but I don't do that either.

Doesn't quite carry the same "oomph" in conversation with the guys either...."yeah, well my epinephrine auto-injector has an ambidextrous safety cap, a fail-safe cocking mechanism, and injects 0.3 mg in one burst".

Yeah, cool factor plummeting.

Your cool factor will rise to the stars IF you carry that epi-pen and you're out and about and someone clearly is struggling after being stung or bitten, and they DON'T hae an epi-pen.

Been there, done that - a child was in the park, got stung twice, never been stung before, difficulty breathing, mom had no epi-pen, and so ours came to the rescue and got that little girl breathing regularly.

An ounce of prevention ...