"I'm on my way, to the wide, Missouri"

Dwight couldn't stop giggling, I was beyond mortified. He obviously doesn't frequent many black tie events. That was some shockingly high class entertainment which was apparently entirely spontaneous. I will never forget that moment.

To his credit, he saved me probably $200 that night from buying cocktails at the Cedar Lodge rates with his handy flask full of a top shelf Vodka. Diet cokes were free, waiters figured I was the designated driver - I didn't strain myself correcting them.

Earlier in the evening, I nearly fell 100 feet to my death at that place - and was entirely sober when it happened. Lack of railing on the deck overlooking the valley, I was midsentence talking to someone, then I was free falling backwards. I don't recall who was there with me, maybe Josh, but I think I entirely disappeared for a while and he likely assumed the worst until I landed on a rock ledge 6 feet down. Few more feet and it was a long way down.

And, times like these are precisely why I always carry a spare pair of boxer shorts in my back pocket.

PS: I've never heard Dwight giggle, and would wager he's entirely adverse to giggling - probably regards it as a waste of otherwise perfectly good energy. I'm sure I was the only one displaying questionable behavior at the table, per usual.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]