Originally Posted By: outdoorlivin247
Sometimes I feel I might be chasing something that is not real. Living the dream , they say!!!

Nice material things are not living the dream.. Getting back to nature is what I consider living the dream.. Wish I had more time not tied to a paycheck to get out and teach my boys things they can take with them for life.. Don't get me wrong, I am very fortunate and we have nice things that are all payed for.. We don't live outside our means and I do take my boys with me every chance I get to the woods.. But sometimes we loose track of what is really important and get lazy... Pulling the oh we'll do it next year turns into, wow, where did time go?..

I know exactly what you mean. In 74 I left the farm to go to college to be an engineer. I have traveled the world. I have been to and lived in alot of those places they write about in the magazines in the dentist's office waiting room. I have worked with lasers, electron beams and other really cool stuff. I spent weeks working on the first B-2 bombers out in CA. I ate White Castle hamburgers on a picnic table under the wing of the first F-15E fighter....But still something was missing.

Finally! I married a farm girl from Thailand and brought her back to the US. Bought a small little chunk of land and built a small little puddle of a pond. Great wife and two great boys. Life is now good!

Unfortunately still have to get a paycheck. Heading for Singapore in February for a few weeks. My wife is very understanding about me having to travel. She just says "Your job puts rice in our rice bowls!"

Dang life is good!

Last edited by Bill D.; 01/22/15 11:04 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!