Originally Posted By: esshup
Originally Posted By: TGW1
Thanks George for telling us about some of your history and where you have been and where you are. In the early 80's I fished lake Texhoma with a friend who guided there. He used to call me to go bass fishing the lake as he would be tired of trolling for strippers and he liked to bass fish with me. We had gone to the same high school and we built a fishing friendship. He never charged me for fishing. As you know the striper fishing back then was pretty hot. Oklahoma had just put in a striper hatchery. I mention this because I guess this is why I am interested in stocking HSB. Boy!! do they fight smile
Is it true the HB will only reach to the 3 to 4 lb range here in N. Texas? What has been the life span in your fishery? Will the addition of well water to the pond help in cooling the waters, improving the fishery? And since you fly fish, do you loose the fish after the battle or have you found a way to bring them back from near death? So many questions George. And yes I have spoke with Todd about stocking the HSB next fall. And Thanks again George for updates on your experience. smile

Maybe his wife had someting to do with it too. She might not appreciate him trolling for strippers. laugh
OOP'S, we kinda did both back then. Stripers and strippers. But your catching my MS was funny smile

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy